[lug] Can't see IP addresses outside my space

Gordon Golding gordongoldin at netscape.net
Wed Aug 16 17:32:44 MDT 2006

I can ping anything inside my /24 address space.

But I can't ping anything outside.

I've got 2 machines sitting on the same LinkSys box, I tried trading cables with a working machine, didn't change anything.
Using DHCP, ifconfig gives the same stuff on the 2 machines (different IP and MAC).
Looking in the network configuration, they are the same - I get an IP and 3 DNS servers - they are all in my /16 space, but I can't ping any of them.

I just upgraded from FC3 to FC5.
I did some settings to make the machine safer, like - I had settings in hosts.allow: 128.138.225.

Is it possible that something I set up for FC3 is caging me in in FC5?

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.