[lug] Installfest next Saturday.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Aug 19 10:20:29 MDT 2006

One week until installfest.  Details at:

http://cluedenver.org/display.php?node=installfest

If you know someone new to Linux bring them along.  We'll find someone
to answer basic questions and talk about whatever they want to know.
And if they bring a spare box they'll leave with a working system to
play with.  Or if not they can leave with a Knoppix CD that's almost as
good.

It is possible that we'll get pizza for lunch, so bring a few bucks if
you want to participate.  It is also possible that we'll go to Hoong's
Palace for dinner around 5pm.  If you're interested in either of those
let us know on Saturday and we'll make sure no one gets left behind.

Here's the list of distros I'm planning to bring.  If you have something
else please bring it.  If you want something else (I don't have any 64
bit yet) speak up now.  These are all x86:

FC-5 (5 CDs)
KNOPPIX 5.0.1 (1 CD)
SUSE-Linux-10.1 (6 CDs)
Debian Etch (installer beta 3, 4 CDs (that's not all of them but it
should be enough))
Kubuntu 6.06.1 desktop (1 CD)
Ubuntu 6.06.1 desktop (1 CD)
Gentoo livecd 2006.0 (1 CD, no guarantees)

Dave