[lug] Trouble Making Discs of Fedora Core 5

Ryan Fligg ryan at celebrityaccess.com
Tue Aug 22 16:29:03 MDT 2006

Bill,

I have had the same problems with install discs.  It drove me mad, checking
MD5's making it 3/4 the way through an install and then not being able to
read 1 package on a disc and the whole thing would fail.

I finally found that it was how I was burning the CD's.  I changed my burning
speed to 4X and everything worked fine.  Anything above 4X burning and I
would get unstable behavior from the discs.

Just my 2 cents.

Ryan Fligg