[lug] Trouble Making Discs of Fedora Core 5

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:48:50 MDT 2006

On 8/22/06, Bill Thoen <bthoen at gisnet.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get a good set of CD's for Fedora Core 5 and seem to be
> having a lot of trouble. I downloaded the iso images from different
> sites over several days (they take hours to download even using a T1
> connection!) and I've burned them on to CD's. So far only disc 5 passes
> the "check CD test" that appears when you first start the install. I've

Bill,

I can burn good Core 5 CDs.  If you have a DVD drive (either
installed, or can be borrowed from another computer there) I can
install a recent "respin" of Core 5 on one DVD (fewer updates, since
the respin has all updates up to 6/28)).

If you want to do the update, I can drop off either DVD or CDs on
Wednesday (if I here back from you before I leave at 6 a.m.).

Calvin