[lug] DHCP Question

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Thu Aug 24 08:18:59 MDT 2006

I take it back, Collins Richey; you were right the first time.
Apparently, 5 minutes is not long enough to wait before cold-booting. I
had the machine turned off last night and when I turned it on this
morning, everything worked perfectly! This machine does indeed have the
infamous nVidia chip set, and I don't know what "forcedeth" means, but
eth0 is aliased to that in modprobe.conf.  Also I was using Windows XP
just before I wiped it to be replaced with FC 5.

Who'd a thought that Windows could reach back from the grave and mess
with a system?

Thanks for your kind help, everyone!
- Bill Thoen