[lug] Best Distro for Newbies with New Equipment (was DHCP Question)

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 19:37:04 MDT 2006

On 8/25/06, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> Hugh Brown wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 21:54 -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> >
> >>Hugh Brown wrote:
> >>[...]
> [...]
> > But overall I felt like Kubuntu was more in my way than it was helpful.
> > It does seem to be the current distro of choice for a lot of folks.
>
> I would call it the Red Hat approach to system management.  Or if you're really upset you
> could call it the Windows approach to system management.

Hungh! I must have been snoozing. What, pray tell, is RedHat-ish about
using 'sudo su -' to become root as opposed to 'su -'.? Red Hat does
create a root password atinstall time, so the sudo method is
completely optional. And what does that have to do with Windows where
most users run with full administrator rights at all times?

--
Collins Richey