[lug] Off topic: java form-based authentication in a client program

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Aug 30 17:31:48 MDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 14:55 -0600, mohadib wrote:
> URLConnection is the best way , but you can also use
> the JDIC browser. The benefit of this is you can leverage the
> browser and javascript. You dont have to show the browser.

According to this link:
http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/urlcon_vs_httpclient.html
neither HTTPClient nor URLConnection support form-based authentication
specifically, though I suppose it can be added to HttpClient.  It also
looks like URLConnection does not support Cookies, which it seems I
would need for form-based authentication.

Hmmm.  JDIC looks interesting.  I'll have to investigate this a bit
more.

Thanks for the tip!
--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Senior Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-msue.org                           http://graphics-muse.org