[lug] giving away 4U case - or pay/swap for case plus innards

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 16:56:41 MDT 2006

I've "inherited" a 4U rackmount case from a customer who couldn't
stand the noise in his office.

The case is 25 inches long, 19 inches wide at the front (the body is
about 17 inches wide), and comes with CD-ROM, floppy drive and a 300W
power supply (plus 4 noisy fans).

Since I have no use for noisy computers, either, it's yours for the
asking (and picking up in Boulder or Loveland).

The case contains an MSI 6389E motherboard and a 2.4 GHz P4, along
with 1 gig of DDR 2100 RA, a Rage 128 AGP video card,  and an 80 gig
Western Digital PATA drive. THAT is stuff I can use elsewhere, but
I'll include it in the case for a suitable swap or small amount of
cash.

So ... does anyone want the case? Are you interested in the innards?

Calvin