[lug] New here, Favorite Distros?

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 17:47:44 MDT 2006

On 9/5/06, Antonio <prekitt at ethercure.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone My name is prekitt, I just found out about this LUG...
> What distributions are you guys running?

My primary distro at the moment is Kubuntu 6.06. It's up to date
enough for my needs, and it's easy to install on almost any
desktop/laptop. Ubuntu is an almost painless introduction to the
Debiantype systems.

For many years I ran Gentoo (almost since inception of the distro),
and I can concur with the many Gentoo supporters, but it can be a pain
to keep up do date, especially when a new KDE/QT rolls out (lengthy
compiles - at least overnight).

I also maintain a CentOS (now 4.4) system for compatibility with RHEL
systems at work.

--
Collins Richey