[lug] New here, Favorite Distros?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Sep 6 20:25:35 MDT 2006

bgiles at coyotesong.com wrote:
>>>(... There are good reasons to deploy stable lifecycle systems, but
>>>they're often applied over-broadly.)
>>
>>My gut tells me the "good reasons" are willingness to rely on low
>>quality software.  Or maybe lack of imagination.
>
> What's with the 'tude?

Sorry if I offended anyone.  Sometimes being blunt stirs up better
discussion and I was trying to be blunt, not offensive.  I was also
responding to the overly broad application of infrequent, massive
upgrades.  But of course my wording made it look like I was criticizing
good reasons.  All work and no play makes Jack a (mentally) dull boy.
My apologies.

Otherwise, Matthew wrote a nice reply that captures what I was getting
at pretty well.  Ever work for the government, Matthew?

Bear, I'd be happy to hear what your system lifecycle looks like,
assuming you're a sysadmin.  If you come down DTC way I'll buy you lunch
and tell you stories about low quality software.  And you can tell me
how to find a job at sysadmin Nirvana where I don't need my 'tude. ;-)

Dave