[lug] New here, Favorite Distros?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Sep 8 02:04:48 MDT 2006

Ed Moxley wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 13:00, Antonio wrote:
>> Hi everyone My name is prekitt, I just found out about this LUG...
>> What distributions are you guys running?

> I admin 750+ Fedora nodes and 300+ Suse nodes.

Are you allowed to say who for, Ed?  That's a pretty spiffy number of
boxes.  :-)

I miss Linux admin as a job... but since the dot-bomb bubble bursting
times, Solaris sure pays the bills better.  :-)  So far, anyway...

The "little" VoIP project I help out with by maintaining a couple of
servers is up to around 1500 nodes, all nightly rsync'ed to the latest
software, etc...

Kinda fits in nicely with that "continous upgrade" discussion that
others were having.  The model works great if you can dedicate the boxes
to a very specific purpose and have very tight control over what gets
released... er, um, or what software "escapes".  :-)

http://status.irlp.net

Nate