[lug] CACert assuring tomorrow.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Sep 13 22:49:18 MDT 2006

Again, tomorrow I will be at BLUG with a bunch of CACert forms and points
to give out.  I have a temporary Super Assurer status, which allows me to
accelerate the process of getting people assurer points.  Normally
it would require you to be certified by 3 or more people and then to assure
25 others.  With this, we can do it with many fewer steps.

CACert is kind of the digital equivalent of a Notary.

This will also allow BLUG and probably Boulder Hacking Society to be able
to have enough assurers to be able to get other potential assurers
immediately up to the point they can assure others, with just one stop.
Instead of the multiple stops to meet the 3 to 5 assurers that might
normally be required.

So, if you are interested, please do the following:

   Before the meeting, go to http://cacert.org/ and create an account.

   You will need to list this e-mail address on the assurer forms.

   Bring two forms of government issued IDs, at least one with a
   photograph.

Sean
--
 If I were an Indian, my name would be "Running With No Swap".
                 -- Sean Reifschneider, 1999