[lug] Reboot hangs

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Sun Sep 17 22:54:09 MDT 2006

Do you ever try to reboot Linux and it ignores you?  It seems to happen a lot
to me in the last year (well, the two or three of the half dozen or so times
I've rebooted anyway).  Either the 'reboot' command or 'shutdown -h' or 'init
6' all fail.  I can look in process list and they're hung, but I don't know by
what.  NFS?  I have to either just power down (not good), or manually run
shutdown scripts then power down (in /etc/rc6.d do: for f in *; do ./$f; done)

Have you seen this or know what's causing it?

This is a Debian stable machine with just about everything running on it you
can think of.