[lug] auto set DISPLAY variable from ssh login?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sun Sep 24 14:10:15 MDT 2006

Does anyone know if there is a way to automate setting of DISPLAY based
on the remote IP of an ssh text login? And better yet, to do so only for
certain IP addresses?

Unrelated DHCP stuff:
On the issue I'd asked about a while back for dhcp plus static alias, it
turned out that making DHCP the main device solved it. I may have had
something else incorrect, so I'm not certain that static as the main
eth0 and dhcp as eth0:1 will not work, but it certain seems to be more
of a hassle.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net