[lug] Hosting Question

Jeffrey Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Fri Sep 29 15:55:06 MDT 2006

Jeffrey Siegal wrote:
> Another way I've had them flake out is just go
> poof and disappear 100%.  Support lines disconnected and everything.

Also, this included having no way whatsoever to retrieve our data.   We
had to use only our off site backups to bring the service up with
another hosting vendor.  So definitely have independent off-site backups
always, including third party software distributions and/or installers
that you may not be able to download from their origin when you need to
reinstall them.