[lug] Hosting Question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Oct 1 05:13:18 MDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 07:40:23AM -0600, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
>*) Business DSL line from Qwest, 1Mbit up, 1.5Mbit up, with 16 static IPs,

I think I've mentioned it before, but remember that QWest quotes ATM frame
rates, not IP rates.  Because of ATM overhead, you only get around 80% of
that number for TCP/IP throughput.  Still, it's fairly symmetric compared
to other offers, which is cool, but actual throughput is more like
1.2mbps down/800kbps up.

Now if only the Comcast service were 8mbps/8mbps instead of 8mbps/0.8mbps.
:-)

Thanks,
Sean
--
 /home is where your .heart is.  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1999
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/