[lug] Help a poor grad student out

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Oct 2 10:03:56 MDT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 02:48:40 -0600 Daniel Webb <lists at danielwebb.us>
wrote:

> I'm finishing up my dissertation but need a lot of computer power
> available to finish my research simulations.  If any of you have free
> CPU power available (everything is CPU-bound), and wouldn't mind
> giving me a Linux shell account on a Intel machine with my home
> directory in a partition mounted exec, I would be very happy.  This
> would be for the next few months, depending on how many times I have
> to repeat things to get them right.  Having the transcode package
> available would be nice too but not necessary.

Hi Daniel,

As a student at a US higher-ed institution, you can apply for accounts
at many US supercomputing centers.  For example:

  http://www.psc.edu/grants/coursework/coursework.html

Most centers have Linux clusters or Altix systems running Linux so
getting your code ported over should be relatively easy.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/