[lug] Help a poor grad student out

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Mon Oct 2 12:00:55 MDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 10:06:17AM -0600, bgiles at coyotesong.com wrote:

> I probably can't help since I often work from home and thus have
> confidential information on my system, but somebody has to ask the obvious
> question:
>
> What's the contact information for your thesis advisor?
>
> (Remember the good old days when we never had to worry about people
> looking to turn PCs into spam-spewing zombies and kiddie porn servers?)

Fred Ramirez in Chemical Engineering at CU, although if anyone's that
concerned about it I'll send you a iptables blurb using owner match that will
only let my account send packets to a single port at a single IP.

Right now I have three machines and can survive, but I would be much nicer if
I had access to a dozen or more.