[lug] Hosting Question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Oct 2 16:49:33 MDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 01:07:25PM -0600, dio2002 at indra.com wrote:
>ok.. so without running yum to add any additional pkgs.. how much
>approximate user disk space is available after tummy does the base CentOS
>install for the base/enhanced/premium pkgs... i imagine most customers
>would want to know those figures not just the total disk space listed on
>your site...

For CentOS it's around 800MB used for the base OS image.  There are
certainly things that can be paired out from that to reduce it even
further, 800MB is a fairly full-featured install.  I think the minimal
install is around 700MB and even then things can be removed.  It really
depends on what software you want on the system...

Probably the smallest you can get it is around 400MB, and still have it be
quite useful.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my
 religion.  -- Abraham Lincoln