[lug] Serial port IR receiver

Ben bluey at iguanaworks.net
Wed Oct 4 15:27:16 MDT 2006

I'll plug my friend's IR transceiver. They have a serial version and a
beta of a usb version. Both developed and tested on Linux / LIRC.
Transmit range is ~10 meters. Serial kit is $25, assembled $30, and the
usb $40.  They have the schematic posted, so if you want to build your
own, its probably a nice starting place.

More information at  http://www.iguanaworks.net/ir/

Ben