[lug] MySQL work queue problem

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Fri Oct 6 15:02:25 MDT 2006

* On 2006-10-06 14:32 George Sexton <gsexton at mhsoftware.com> wrote:

> If a second thread tries the update statement, the row count will be 0
> because the status field has already been changed. That's assuming that
> MySQL can actually atomically update records...

I though that MySQL achieved some of their performance at the risk of data
integrity. Namely, that they don't support Atomic changes with rollback,
or anything close to full database ACID. Postgres, does support full ACID,
by the way.

Do you want fast or correct, or just how important is this data to your
users?

This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [x] soon [ ] none

                            http://www.tummy.com/