[lug] MySQL work queue problem

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Oct 10 03:44:19 MDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 12:26:47PM -0600, Jason Vallery wrote:
>just to increment some sort of counter) you can use the "LOW_PRIORITY"
>keyword on the UPDATE statement.  This will cause MySQL to delay the update
>until no clients are reading the table:

I doubt that would have helped here, because the table was pretty
much always being read.  If the load was light enough that there were
frequently times when there wasn't reads, there wouldn't have been a
problem in the first place.

It might have helped, but splitting it off to a different table, that was
read much less frequently and updated the majority of the time, solved it
quite nicely.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 I love the smell of napalm in the morning.  It smells like...  Victory.
               -- _Apocalypse_Now_