[lug] Highspeed in Nederland?

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Sat Oct 14 23:41:58 MDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 03:37:08PM -0600, Ken MacFerrin wrote:
> Anyone have experience/suggestions on good high speed providers in
> Nederland?  We're looking at a house there and reliable high speed is a
> must as I mainly work from home.  I'd prefer to avoid wifi, and from
> what I can tell it seems the DSL choices are Qwest or Vista Access..

I used Nedernet (http://www.nedernet.net) for many years in
Nederland.  Best ISP I've ever dealt with.  Never a problem
with signal strength (and I was *way* at the edge of the
coverage area on Ridge Road), great people running the
company, downtime was practically nonexistent.  Highly
recommended.  Don't worry about it being WiFi, the service
is better than many DSL companies I've dealt with.

As of the time I lived there last (two years ago) DSL was
not available.  Just Wireless or a T1 run from Boulder.
Might have changed since then, but even if it has one thing
that will not have changed is the low quality of the phone
lines in some areas up there.  Can't be good for quality DSL
service.

--David