[lug] Burning 4.7 gig DVDs

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Sun Oct 15 19:49:50 MDT 2006

Does anyone know the settings in k3b or the commands to use on the command
line in order to actually use all of the space of a DVD?

Is there a particular version of the tools that I need to be using to get this
to work with Suse 10.0. I know Novell tends to provide crippled multimedia
stuff.

k3b reports the dvd has 4.4 Gigs available and the filesystems reports the
file (a slice generated by kdar) is 4.3 gigs, but k3b is refusing to accepts
files over 4 Gigs.

Google reports others with the same problem, but I haven't found a clear
explanation of the settings to fix it.

I am assuming, possibly wrongly, that kdar wouldn't be set up to create this
size of slice if no one could ever actually write them to a dvd.
--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction