[lug] Highspeed in Nederland?

Ken MacFerrin lists at macferrin.com
Mon Oct 16 11:08:54 MDT 2006

David Morris wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 03:37:08PM -0600, Ken MacFerrin wrote:
>> Anyone have experience/suggestions on good high speed providers in
>> Nederland?  We're looking at a house there and reliable high speed is a
>> must as I mainly work from home.  I'd prefer to avoid wifi, and from
>> what I can tell it seems the DSL choices are Qwest or Vista Access..
>
> I used Nedernet (http://www.nedernet.net) for many years in
> Nederland.  Best ISP I've ever dealt with.  Never a problem
> with signal strength (and I was *way* at the edge of the
> coverage area on Ridge Road), great people running the
> company, downtime was practically nonexistent.  Highly
> recommended.  Don't worry about it being WiFi, the service
> is better than many DSL companies I've dealt with.
>
> As of the time I lived there last (two years ago) DSL was
> not available.  Just Wireless or a T1 run from Boulder.
> Might have changed since then, but even if it has one thing
> that will not have changed is the low quality of the phone
> lines in some areas up there.  Can't be good for quality DSL
> service.

Thanks, David.  I had checked out Nedernet but am still a little
hesitant to go with a wifi provider, especially considering I'll have 3
voip lines in use.  It does seem that Qwest now has DSL service to the
area though and from what I understand, Vista Access just got a fiber
connection to Boulder installed last month.  Decisions, decisions..
-Ken