[lug] Re: CVS and Subversion

Brennen Bearnes bbearnes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 12:20:39 MDT 2006

Jani Averbach <jaa at jaa.iki.fi> wrote:

> If you make this kind of statements or forward them, I would like to
> hear your opinion about following systems, please:

<snip>

> I am especially interested why do you think these are not "enterprise
> level" systems, and what kind of scalability issues there are
> currently (there are some, for sure with projects of this magnitude.)

As I mentioned earlier, I'm hardly qualified to comment, and I shan't
try to gin up an opinion where I haven't got one.  I forwarded the post
in question only because it seemed like a relevant (albeit purely
anecdotal) data point and came from a source whose instincts I
generally trust.

In retrospect, I acknowledge the ill-advised flamewar-inciting
characteristics of this sort of thing and quietly withdraw to my
usual posture of lurking-quietly-in-a-corner.

--
Brennen Bearnes
http://p1k3.com/