[lug] figuring out amanda config

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Sun Oct 29 01:54:27 MDT 2006

i config'd / used amanda to perform backups for a company i worked for
about 3-4 years ago.  Tape of course.  I guess amanda isn't any better now
than it was then because my fondest memories were how difficult it was to
find out how to do trivial things with it.  Generally i recall the
documentation being very poor.  But i think i recall you can do what you
want to do.  I just don't remember how though.. maybe someone else on the
group can shed some light.

another thought.  why don't you just use soemthing like rsync.  it does
network backups to drives just fine.  you should be able to script/cron it
if you want to automate it.