[lug] figuring out amanda config

dio2002 at indra.com dio2002 at indra.com
Sun Oct 29 13:53:05 MST 2006

> I may have to abandon amanda, but apparently there is some possibility
> of using amanda on linux to back up windows (trying to figure this part
> out for someone else), and so far as I know rsync is a linux/unix only
> method (and if not for that one windows machine I'd gladly abandon
> windows).

fwiw, i believe an rsync client exists for windows somewhere so that might
still a viable option.  another way of backuping up windows would be to
setup a samba share on the linux drive and then you could manually copy
stuff in windows from the window box to the linux share or maybe even use
a backup utility.  i think windows has somethign called ntbackup.
alternatively, even if there wasn't a win rsync client, you probably could
samba mount the win filesystem on you linux box, and then just use rsync
natively on the linux side...

options do exist... the devil's in the details.. do some searches and see
what you find..