[lug] speaking of drive reordering...

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Oct 31 20:38:44 MST 2006

> itself? How does a live cd know where to find itself? So far as I
know,
> the ability to use a label is *normally* from the secondary loader. How
> would one custom program a grub MBR to point to an ISO9660 system of
> itself for the secondary loader?
>
> D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net

Under knoppix 3.4 (the last time I dug in to the boot process), my memory
says that it was loaded as a scsi disk.  But as I look at it now, things
have changed quite a bit.

It looks like knoppix 5 is using sysfs and for loops through
/sys/devices/*/* and case statements on the globs.  i haven't been able to
figure out from the minirt.gz's linuxrc how it thinks of itself.

Hugh