[lug] Partition sizes

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Fri Nov 3 15:59:54 MST 2006

Since it looks like I will be migrating to a new distro, I should probably
 think about resizing my partitions while I'm at it. I was in a hurry to get
the laptop up last spring and took SuSE's default, which turned out to be one
big partition. But if I may be thrashing distros for a while I want to
pull /home into its own partition.

On a 100 gig hard drive where I plan to run some vmware virtual machines and
try different software packages, is a 60/40 split of home/other reasonable?

Do people generally put vmware guests in /home or in system space?

--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology
http://www.astraltrading.com   Divination and Science Fiction