[lug] Distribution favorites?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Nov 5 19:08:47 MST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:18:13PM -0700, dallas.masters at gmail.com wrote:
>Forget distributions.  Go gentoo, and you'll never go back.  You have
>all the power to do whatever you want using whatever method you want.
>And you'll learn what's under the hood as you go.

Yeah, a friend of mine tried to convince me that Gentoo was the right
distribution for me.  He then spent the next 4 to 6 hours trying to get his
Gentoo system to do suspend or hibernate, rebuilding the kernel, tweaking
USE lines, etc...  He had exactly the same laptop I did, which just worked
under Fedora and Ubuntu.

I think Gentoo is nice for some people, but I have a serious problem with
it...  You see, I've lost my immortality.

Thanks,
Sean
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/