[lug] distribution favorites?

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Thu Nov 9 09:34:45 MST 2006

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 07:06:55PM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:

> I'm just an old Debian-head here, but all Linux's have their plusses and
> minuses.  :-)

Same here.  I like Debian stable.  The plus for Debian stable is that once you
get it set up, you can go for a *long* time without fiddling.  You can usually
easily install new packages (assuming they aren't 2 months old).  You have
security updates that are super-easy and almost never break anything.

Minuses are that you'll probably spend a lot more time on the front end
getting everything working right.  I don't mind that.  Because of the pluses
above, I think of that as an investment.