[lug] Grub question

Ken Weinert kenw at quarter-flash.com
Fri Nov 10 10:40:47 MST 2006

Lee Woodworth wrote:
> Ken Weinert wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm not sure how I did it, or what exactly I did, but grub is sort
>> of non-working right now.
>>
> When this has happened to me, reinstalling grub on the boot drive
> has fixed things.
>
> (I have a /boot partition on hda1, system is on hda2, grub boot sector on hda)
>
> # grub
> root (hd0,0)
> setup (hd0)
> quit

I'll give that a try when I get home tonight and let you know if that
fixes it. If not I'll post up the info the other responder asked about
for further discussion.

Any ideas on can cause this temporary insanity?

And no, I've not added/deleted drives or partitions, just compiled up a
new kernel and tried to add it to the boot menu. Yes, that implies that
I messed up the boot menu somehow, but I've not yet seen it and I didn't
keep a copy of what it looked like before (why should I? what could go
wrong? :)

Thanks for the replies.

--
Ken Weinert