[lug] CLUE Installfest next Saturday: install or upgrade fed core 4->6?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat Nov 11 18:19:59 MST 2006

David L. Anselmi wrote:
[...]
> So perhaps I'll try NFS and just make the ISOs available that way.  A
> headache because I haven't done NFS before and at this point I won't be
> surprised if that doesn't work either.

FWIW, exporting the directory of ISOs with NFS was the easy way to
install Fedora.  One aptitude install, one line in /etc/exports, no more
headache.

So Debian is the next one to get working.  Their repository is a little
  more complex, though there are some scripts to help put it together.
But at the moment the netboot kernel they provide doesn't match the one
on the testing CDs so that causes problems.  Well, no worries until next
time.

Dave