[lug] distribution favorites?

Elyse M. Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Wed Nov 15 05:47:04 MST 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 1:21 am, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 04:38:40PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >release, version 6.06.1, is the current LTS version of Ubuntu, and is
>
> Gah!  Why is it 6, 06, and 1?  Is the middle number octal?
>
> I freaking hate it when people use 1 digit for the minor and micro version
> numbers.  Is 6.06.1 greater than, smaller than, or equal to 6.06.5 and
> 6.06.10?
>
> >So, there will be likely many less than 10 LTS versions they will need
> >to support.
>
> Yeah, I'm bummed.  I think a CentOS released every 6 months would be a HUGE
> benefit to Ubuntu.
>
> Sean
According to the Ubuntu website, the version numbers go year.month.rev so
6.06.1 is the first revision to the June 2006 release, and edgy (6.10) is the
October 2006 release. And the next one is scheduled to be 7.03 or
thereabouts.
--
Elyse Grasso

http://www.data-raptors.com    Computers and Technology