[lug] Getting frustrated with gnuplot

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Thu Nov 16 15:48:39 MST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 05:32:58AM -0600, Steve Sullivan wrote:

> *** Can you post the result of your exploration back on BLUG
> *** so the rest of us can benefit?

I ended up using gnuplot anyway, but the most promising package I saw was
probably one that I've barely seen mentioned anywhere: matplotlib.  It's a
Free Python library and looks very easy, and very powerful.

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

In fact, I never noticed it when I was searching, someone on this list
mentioned it to me privately.  I was told someone else on this list is one of
the important contributors.