[lug] $300 system [was: hardware question]

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Sun Nov 19 12:07:53 MST 2006

I think it's either that or a cracked motherboard when I slid the hard
disk carrier home.  I loosened the screws and moved all of the cables
around (even disconnecting the PATA cables), but it's still not coming up.

I found a $300 PC at Microcenter (DTC).  It's not bad -- 3 GHz celeron,
512 MB, 160 GB disk (preloaded with Windows XP, of course).  The only
major annoyance is that xorg only sees a 1024x768 mode on the on-board
video.

Bear