[lug] software engineering thread

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Nov 22 12:49:09 MST 2006

Hey y'all...

I got busy at work and home and the "engineering" topic thread died, but
I wanted to thank those that jumped in and discussed it.  I found it
very interesting (always do!), and enjoyed it.

Some of the ideas (like the Crew Resource Management thing) really have
me intriqued -- I've been thinking about how to implement similar
processes and behaviors at work.  Not sure how that'll work out yet, but
very interesting idea for managing the complexity of a support group
doing maintenance on other people's machines regularly... checklists,
crew coordination, all good stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  I'm thankful there's smarter folks out there
than me!!!  :-)

Nate