[lug] RAID redundancy with boot sectors?

Dan Ferris dan at usrsbin.com
Sun Nov 26 07:25:06 MST 2006

You are right except for one thing that we did a lot of at CU, which was
to use Linux software RAID 0.  We used to make a lot of software RAID 0
arrays to increase performance.  Since you can only mirror /boot, that's
what we did.  I do remember it saved me once, when the boot sector on
one drive got hosed and I booted from the second drive and restored it.

I've messed with those highpoint cards before.  They are the worlds
worst pieces of junk.

Dan