[lug] So much for VMware

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Nov 28 12:02:12 MST 2006

I am running VMWare workstation 5.5.3 build-34685 without problems.

VMware Workstation and XEN provide different types of virtualization.
VMware emulates a PC with BIOS and all the hardware.  XEN provides an
environment for running XEN-ified operating systems.  XEN has much lower
overhead and we use it extensively here - but not for software testing.

Ferdinand