[lug] Stopping the New Generation of Spam

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 6 03:47:30 MST 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 01:06:08PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:
>> makes a decision so a DOS on your SMTP service (or even the server itself
>> depending on your limit settings) becomes much easier.
>
>That makes sense, although it's not an issue for me.  I'll have to look into
>doing this.  It would basically whack my spam to zero without worrying about

The Postfix "anvil" makes this much more limited than it might otherwise
be.  However, this is exactly why our 5 person company runs a mail server
with dual 3.4GHz cores.  Tons of horsepower to throw at keeping our
attention from spam.

Sean
--
 Money is the root of all evil!  Man needs roots...
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/