[lug] Stopping the New Generation of Spam

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Dec 6 11:44:20 MST 2006

Zan Lynx wrote:

> No thanks.  I get more paper junk mail than junk email.  I keep wishing
> for a spam filter for the paper.

Ask and ye shall receive.  Already being done.  And was done before by
other companies (who went under).

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/11/22/remote-control-mail-check-your-postal-mail-on-the-web/

:-)

I just happened to run across this article and sent it to family,
friends, and business associates with the subject line: "Talk about lazy..."

The company CEO shows up in the comments below the article there,
talking about new services like hiring supposedly "trusted" employees to
open things that look time-sensitive but are sensitive.  Not sure I'd do
that, but he talks about it.

See post/comment #31 from Ron Wiener... and probably others by him later
in the threads... I stopped reading around that point.

Nate