[lug] HTML terminal?

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Thu Dec 7 10:00:58 MST 2006

I don't know if anything like this even exists, I'm just
hoping:

I'm looking for a way to run a terminal connection to a
system using HTML as the interface.  Not a Java applet.
A text entry form in place of the command line and HTML code
for displaying the terminal window.

Why?  Because when I travel, some internet connections I
find do not allow any form of SSH.  Java can be disabled (or
not installed) and applications can be prevented from
running, preventing the use of something like putty.

But HTML is always there.

Obviously the interface would be limited to the command
line...no applications fancier than ex and mail.  But at
least it would allow minimal access in an emergency.

Any suggestions?

--David