[lug] AC97 sound on recent kernel?

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Fri Dec 8 10:08:17 MST 2006

Bear,

When I upgraded from stable to testing, my sound stopped working.  I had
to blacklist the snd_intel8x0 module.  Then all worked fine.  My hardware:
00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM AC'97
Audio (rev 12)

from lsmod, here are the sound-related modules that now get installed:
i810_audio             32660  2
ac97_codec             17164  1 i810_audio
pcspkr                  3040  0
soundcore               9216  3 i810_audio

Hope it helps.

Todd