[lug] pdf to tiff conversion

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Dec 8 15:57:25 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 15:48 -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I need to create a few tiff images of some pdf files. Is there a free
> program for doing this?

I've never tried this, but it should just be something like:

convert infile.pdf outfile.tiff

Convert is in the ImageMagick package.  You can define some options to
the pdf format, I think using the -define option to convert.  PDF is
supported for RW by convert, as is TIFF (see
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/formats.php).

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Senior Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org