[lug] pdf to tiff conversion

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Fri Dec 8 17:50:33 MST 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 04:08:15PM -0700, Ken MacFerrin wrote:

> You can just print the pdf "to file" as a postscript doc and then use
> Ghostscript "gs" to render into tiff, png, etc..

I think gs can deal with the pdf directly, no need for the intermediate step.
gs can be a pain to deal with, try `convert' from ImageMagick first.  If it
looks bad, you need to find the resolution settings and play with those.

I just looked in Gimp, you can load PDF and save TIFF.  That's the easy way
for one or two.