[lug] So much for VMware

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Fri Dec 8 17:42:55 MST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 03:19:48PM -0700, Daniel Webb wrote:

> As an update to this, I got a Xen working with a running Debian debootstrap
> virtualized system in less than an hour including the main system reboot
> following these instruction for Etch:

P.S.  If you try this, make sure to get the 2.6.18 xen kernel out of unstable.
The 2.6.17 kernel in Etch panics if you run three xen slave domains
(apparently consistently based on the number of results when I searched for it
on Google).  Hopefully they'll either patch that before Etch goes stable or
move to 2.6.18.