[lug] So much for VMware

Daniel Webb lists at danielwebb.us
Sat Dec 9 22:51:13 MST 2006

As an update to this, I got a Xen working with a running Debian debootstrap
virtualized system in less than an hour including the main system reboot
following these instruction for Etch:

http://blog.thedebianuser.org/?p=166

which references

A few things in the second (longer) link were out of date, but I was able to
pick them out by context without knowing anything about Xen or the changes in
Etch.  One thing if you try this is that I think the Etch RC1 Xen packages
update grub for you automatically.  I did almost nothing, everything just
worked.  Remember to restart xend after you update the settings.

Bravo Xen developers and Debian Xen packagers, that is how software is
supposed to work!

[update] If you try this, get the Xen kernels from unstable (2.6.18), the ones
in testing crash (kernel panic) if you run three VMs (apparently this is
widely known).  Hope they get that fixed by the time Etch releases.