[lug] lmsensors for EMC6D103?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Sun Dec 10 19:25:18 MST 2006

Tyan uses the EMC6D103 chip for some of its hardware monitoring, e.g.,
fans. The default set of sensors listed in the CentOS 4.4 includes an
lm85 which was hinted at as maybe being a possible chip in one
lm-sensors google search hit, but I've been unsuccessful at hearing if
this chip really is lm85, or if the chip has any hope at all of working
in lmsensors. I can say that no sensor is found on a motherboard with
the EMC6D103 chip, and that it appears to be unsupported.

Can anyone suggest what to try to find sensors on this? Or can anyone
tell me if there is a sample sensors.conf which might work for this
sensor chip?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net