[lug] RT?

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Dec 12 20:48:32 MST 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Matt James wrote:

> LUGies,
>
> Does anyone on this list use RT (Request Tracker) by Best Practical?  I'm
> looking at possibly implementing this system at my new job which does not
> currently use any type of issue tracking system.  What a headache. I'd like
> to know the pros and cons of this system and maybe some pointers on how to
> get started with it.  The online documentation WIKI looks broken to me so
> I'm turning to this group for some guidance.
>
> TIA
>
> Matt James
> Network Administrator
> ABC Sign Products

We use it work.  The perl dependencies are extensive but the rt scripts
automate gathering/installing all of it if you trust CPAN and you re-run
it each time you apply perl patches.

It did seem a bit finicky for the guy on my team that installed it, but
once installed it is useful as a free ticketing system.

Hugh